Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Retail Therapy: Could also be a workout motivator

Hola!

Today I went to a Running Store because my running sneakers have seen their last day and I'm about to run my second half marathon in about a week and a half. The Queens Half Marathon....at the end of the July is my next challenge (and why did I decide to run a half marathon in the grueling July heat?).

Anyways, this trip to the store was great. The customer service was awesome and I was able to experience a better way to purchase running sneakers....which is...Go to a store that actually knows about running, sneakers, and how to fit someone for a new pair of sneakers. Yes, I could have easily just gone to any sporting goods store, but would I have ended up with a sneaker that is perfect for MY FOOT and the WAY I HIT THE GROUND.

That's exactly what the guys did at this store. They videotaped me running on a treadmill using the shoe I had told them I have been wearing (yep, they even asked what shoe I typically wear and why). I was able to watch the video with the salesperson and then we picked out a few pairs that would meet my running needs.

I have to say, all of the sneakers were AWESOME. I tried on Brooks, Sauconys, Nike, Asics, etc. After I tried each shoe on, the salesperson asked if I wanted to test them out on the treadmill, but I decided to just run around the store...but it was great to have a guy with me the whole time asking questions, having me test them out, in order to truly find the shoe that is meant for my foot, the way I run, and my goals.

Tomorrow I can't wait to get up and go for a run in the morning. I'm pumped! So this retail therapy works double duty as a run motivator for me. Since I've been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and anemia, I've had a hard time running/exercising in general due to a severe lack of energy. SO needless to say, a new pair of running shoes will definitely help me mentally and physically get through the last stage of this training program.

Half Marathon...HERE I COME! :)

So next time you go get a new pair of sneakers...go to a place that will get to know you, your foot, and your goals!

Caitlin

No comments: