Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let's start a movement...

that involves Americans (all people for that matter) making strides to make themselves healthier. I am not even going to name off all of the various medical conditions that are on the rise because a)the list would be super long and b)it makes me sad and c)let's start the movement that will decrease the prevalence of these conditions instead.

I want to see everyone more ACTIVE. I want to see that the rates of Type 2 Diabetes have DECREASED. I want to see kids active OUTSIDE and not just playing inside on computers and nintendos (although I have nothing against Nintendo...I loved playing that as a kid). I want to see people CARE about what goes in their bodies so that we do not have to see our family and friends suffer from conditions we could have possibly prevented. I want to see WOMEN and MEN getting active together. I want to see FAMILIES making meals together and then eating TOGETHER. I want to see people SUPPORTING one another in their quest to making themselves healthier. I want to see people PUSHING themselves to their POTENTIAL instead of accepting failure or half-assing anything in their life. I want to see people going to FARMERS MARKETS since those are the people who are supporting our soil and keeping our Earth healthy. I want us to RECYCLE as much as we can. I want to see people STOP stressing over the number on the SCALE and START being concerned with their HEALTH. I want YOU to believe in YOURSELF and make conscious efforts to LOVE your body and who you are.

I know, I want A LOT. However, it is ACHEIVABLE.

TRUST ME on this one. Remember I am a personal trainer. I have seen people succeed in fat loss, in adding muscle, in doing things they never thought they'd ever be able to do. It's REAL.

My hope is that WE work to be healthier TOGETHER...ONE day, ONE hour, ONE person at a time.


YOUR HOMEWORK: make a goal for yourself. Tell me what it is. Make it about YOU and not about the scale. For example, if your goal is to lose 15 pounds of fat, tell me WHY...tell me what that 15 pound loss will do for YOU and why is that your goal.

Okay, that's all for now. I hope to see posts from ALL of YOU soon. :)



DO NOT BE AFRAID OF FAILURE. LET'S DO THIS!

No comments: