Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Last Weekend: Apple Picking and Hiking :)


This past weekend I went Apple Picking and Hiking with a couple friends, Mike and Darwin. 

First, we went on a 2 hour hike. The first hour was legitimately straight up the mountain. 1.25 miles vertically...rock climbing. It was hardcore :)

 Here are some more pictures of the hike!
View from the top!

Mike and Darwin Climbing those rocks.

Being Silly...this was about half way up.
  At the bottom. HIKE DONE. We ran the entire way down...it was a blast.

                                         Halfway up!
                                          Halfway up! 


One thing I have to say about hiking is that it's natures way of making you realize that it can KICK YOUR BUTT. You do not need a gym to get that body moving and working. Nature is a gym. AND It's free too :) 



Apple Picking

 We went to Stuart's Farm in Yorktown I believe. It was a beautiful orchard...TONS of apples. Perfect weather. Sun was shining and the apples were so crisp and refreshing. 

Now I just need to figure out what to do with all of my apples. I will probably make some apple sauce and some healthy apple crisp. 

It was a beautiful day altogether. Good company, good food, got in a good sweat session, and it was perfect weather. 

I hope you enjoyed your weekend! 

Go do something healthy for yourself! :)

-Caitlin *

No comments: