Monday, November 14, 2011

Motivation Monday: DIG DEEP


You know those days when:


you are just super uninterested in going to work/school....


you just don't care what you put in your body....


you don't want to exercise or move your body...


you feel like the world is just totally against you...


you wake up on the wrong side of the bed...


you feel like no one is listening to you...


you are nearing the end of a run and you are struggling...


you are your own worst enemy...


you feel like you are going nowhere or going down the wrong path...


you think your goal is unreachable...


you are indifferent....


you just.want.to.give.up.


THAT'S WHEN YOU NEED TO DIG DEEP.


Dig deep= find that part inside of you that is going to FIGHT when you have nothing left to give.


For example, digging deep...ever seen the movie Titanic? Dramatic, I know...but... Digging deep is what those people did when they climbed the mast all the way up to the top in order to live...they didn't have the physical energy, but somehow climbed up and "survived". I think most died...but let's say that the top of the mast=survival.


Just when you think you have nothing left...DIG DEEPER. Find that strength and perserverence and GO FOR IT. Find that space inside of you that you would have to tap into in order to SURVIVE and LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!


I get it...we all have those days...I have those days too, but it's about how you manage and handle those days/moments/weeks/hours/years that matters.


Just when life/your goal/a relationship/or whatever gets HARD or CHALLENGING....that's when you need to DIG DEEP and SHINE. Find your way out of it...FIGHT through it...find a way to make it happen (or find someone that can help you fight--in some cases we need outside help).


This MUST be your mentality. Anything in life is attainable...it's those who want it, who get it. Those who give up all of their excuses, stop complaining, and MAKE THE CHANGE and DIG DEEP. You must come up with a thousands reasons WHY you want to make yourself better (leaner, happier, more confident, more fit, better self esteem, content, healthier) instead of the thousands of excuses and reasons why you might fail or can't do something.


I will share a goal of mine with you all that is going to sound NUTS/Crazy/Unattainable...


I want to cure America of this disease called being UNHEALTHY (links into my very first blog if you remember). I want to change how we eat, move, think, act, and how we speak to one another. I want to make people HAPPIER and HEALTHIER and UNSTOPPABLE. I want to change American lives for the better.


Everything I am trying to do or become is me taking steps towards that goal. Am I crazy for wanting that? Maybe. You know what I do in order to feel like I am accomplishing something though? I try to set a good example...I eat healthy, rest, exercise, push myself, think positively, say hi to random people, smile, etc etc. I also write this blog...giving information/answering questions from strangers and do it for the well being of others...not for myself. I also personal train people in order to help them change their lives and bodies.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Are there days when I feel like I am never going to make a difference or attain that goal? Are there moments where I don't believe in myself and think it doesn't matter if I don't finish a run or give my all to a client of mine?


YES!


BUT that's when I dig deeper.


SO whatever it is in your life that you want to accomplish, whether it be in the gym or even outside of exercising or eating healthy... Find what it is...DIG DEEP...and GET THERE.


Find a word that you can say to yourself when you don't think you can do it...when you want to give up...say if to yourself over and over again...Let it motivate and inspire you.


My word: Believe.
 
Do something healthy for yourself,
-Caitlin *

No comments: